Runway and Critical Animals are offering two travel bursaries to support emerging writers from the Hunter Region and Western Sydney to attend this year’s This is Not Art (TiNA) in Newcastle. You will attend the festival (28 September – 1 October) and report on the event for Runway’s online platform, Conversations.
The bursary includes:
- $500 to assist with travel and accommodation
- $200 writer’s fee for a response to be published on Runway Conversations
- Festival briefing with Critical Animals
- A mentoring session during the festival with an experienced writer from Runway
This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging writer to be part of one of Australia’s foremost events for young writers and artists, with Critical Animals, Crack Theatre Festival and The National Young Writers’ festival included under the TiNA umbrella.
To apply, please submit as one PDF:
- a resume
- a writing sample
- 200 words on why you want to go and what elements of the festival you are keen to respond to.
Submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the subject line: Runway for TiNA – APPLICATION
This bursary is for writers living in the Hunter region and Western Sydney only, generously supported by Arts NSW.
Proposals due Monday 11 September, 2017.